The annual celebration has devolved into a nationalistic holiday, observed most publicly by Israel's religious right. Watch how it has become an occasion for incitement in Jerusalem.
Join with T'ruah in transforming Yom Yerushalayim into a day that embraces and honors Jerusalem's complexities. Help restore Jerusalem to its intended status as the “City of Peace” and the “City of God."
Justice for Jerusalem Campaign
Visit T'ruah's Justice for Jerusalem Campaign.
- Al HaNisim: A Prayer on Miracles for Yom Yerushalayim. For Yom Yerushalayim 2012/5772 by Rabbi Gilah Langner.
- Submit Your Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem.
Films with Discussion Guides
T'ruah is proud to provide Jewish educational resources that accompany two Just Vision documentary projects about the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah: My Neighbourhood and Home Front: Portraits from Sheikh Jarrah. These two films chronicle the story of Mohammed El Kurd, a Palestinian teenager forced to share a section of his house with Israeli settlers. Mohammed comes-of-age in the midst of unrelenting tension with his neighbours and unexpected cooperation with Israeli allies in his backyard.
- My Neighbourhood: A 25-minute Peabody Award winning documentary directed by Julia Bacha and Rebekah Wingert-Jabi.
- Home Front Portraits from Sheikh Jarrah: A series of online documentary shorts directed by Julia Bacha and Rebekah Wingert-Jabi.
- Justice for Jerusalem Full Text Study Packet
- Jerusalem: Earthy City or Celestial Dwelling Place of God?
- The King's Garden: When Memory and Messiness Collide
- The King's Garden: Biblical Heritage, Eminent Domain, and Moral Challenges
- Jerusalem's Many Faces a D'var Torah for Human Rights Shabbat 2011/5772 by Marisa Elana James, T'ruah's Rabbinical Student Fellow in Israel.
- What Is Our Dream of Zion? A D'var Torah by Rabbi Edward Feld, 2011.
- Every City Has a Name... A D'var Torah by Rabbinical Student Miriam Farber.
- Falling in Love Again with Israel, Thoughts for the High Holidays 2008/5769 by Rabbi Ellen Lippmann.
- A New Jerusalem Day? By Rabbi Jill Jacobs, Open Zion, The Daily Beast, May 18, 2012.
- We Must Talk about the Two Jerusalems by Rabbi Jill Jacobs, syndicated by JTA, May 31, 2011.