T’ruah seeks a talented, dynamic, and passionate Communications Director to develop and oversee the organization’s communications strategy, expand our presence in social and mainstream media, and produce all of our communications instruments. This is a unique opportunity to make an impact on human rights and in the Jewish community by helping amplify the rabbinic voice for human rights both in North America and in Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Develop and manage an overall communications and marketing strategy.
• Tell the stories of T’ruah’s impact by reaching out to media, placing stories, and helping to craft op-eds and press releases.
• Ensure a consistent voice across all organizational communications.
• Produce program-related communications materials, such as an e-newsletter, campaign materials, and videos.
• Write appeal letters and other development communications tools.
• Oversee and update the website.
• Develop and execute a social media strategy, including writing social media posts.
• The ability to identify and tell a compelling story
• Experience developing and implementing nonprofit communications and marketing campaigns
• Demonstrated track record of placing articles and securing media hits
• Outstanding written communications skills
• Facility and experience with social media strategy
• Commitment to T’ruah’s mission
• Familiarity with the Jewish community
T’ruah: The Rabbinic Call for Human Rights brings together rabbis and cantors from all streams of Judaism, together with all members of the Jewish community, to act on the Jewish imperative to respect and advance the human rights of all people. Grounded in Torah and our Jewish historical experience and guided by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, we call upon Jews to assert Jewish values by raising our voices and taking concrete steps to protect and expand human rights in North America, Israel, and the occupied Palestinian territories.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Director of Communications” in the subject line. The cover letter will be used as a writing sample. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
We apologize that because of the volume of applications, we are able only to respond to those applicants granted an interview.